http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?recipeID=16383&origin=detail&servings=4&metric=false
Jerod took over the cooking of them and did an excellent job. We wanted chicken and asparagus, and I found this recipe for the filling:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_535720_RECIPE-PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html
We added mushrooms because they are delicious, and used chives and parsley for the herbs. I grabbed a can of beef broth rather than chicken by mistake, but used it anyway, and we kind of liked the added heartiness. I think the sauce was a little thin, and will probably use cornstarch to thicken next time.
We doubled the recipe and it made this pan plus an 8 x 8. We had some filling left over, so I froze it. I think it will be excellent baked with ziti.
For dessert we made chocolate crepes filled with berries and whipped cream sweetened with some salted caramel vodka. I found the recipe here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_8544_RECIPE-PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html
I thought the crepes were a little flabby and would have preferred a little drier, cakier texture, but they were wonderful none the less.
No comments:
Post a Comment