This blog is to track the Galloway family's food experiences. From food we cook with pictures, recipes, and comments to food we order out with pictures and comments.
Friday, June 28, 2013
Sandwich Bread
So, I'm starting this blog by baking. Something I have never really tried before, and when I have tried, something I have not been particularly successful at. Yesterday I tried making a loaf of sandwich bread. It came out dense and a bit chalky, but it was gone by the end of lunch today with comments of good flavor just bad consistency. So today I am trying again. I think I failed because after a spat with my KitchenAid mixer, I kneaded my dough by hand and for not nearly long enough. Today, my KitchenAid seems to be playing nice. I am using a recipe I found on the web, http://www.roxanashomebaking.com/white-sandwich-bread-recipe/ a simple basic white sandwich bread recipe. Today my dough is kneading for 15 minutes, 5 on speed setting 2 (just until it comes to a ball) and 10 on speed 3. After half an hour rising in a bowl and averting pouched down, it rose for an hour in the bread pan and half an hour in the oven at 375. Today the bread came out with a much better consistency, and was much more edible! Still want to make it a bit lighter,.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment